- Partners & Programs
- THEARC THEATER
- News & Media
- About Us
LIFT’s mission is to help community members achieve economic stability and well-being. We are working to establish a new standard for holistic and enduring solutions in our country’s fight against poverty. We are a community-based nonprofit that engages trained advocates from area colleges and universities to serve individuals and families throughout D.C. Our services are free and we have no eligibility requirements.
LIFT-DC matches individuals and families with dedicated and talented advocates who provide personalized service, support, and information for every individual’s unique needs, including help with:
- Creating résumés and finding jobs
- Securing safe and stable housing
- Locating education and/or job training resources
- Enrolling in public benefits programs
- Obtaining health insurance
- Receiving quality referrals for services like food, clothing, childcare, legal aid, tax preparation, and other resources
LIFT-DC has been in the city since 2000 and works with over 1,000 individuals and families annually. We operate two additional sites at the Perry School Community Services Center in Northwest D.C. and at the CentroNía/D.C. Bilingual Public Charter School in Columbia Heights. We are part of a growing movement to combat poverty and expand opportunity for all people in the United States. Beyond D.C., LIFT serves four additional regions: Boston, Chicago, New York, and Philadelphia.
1901 Mississippi Avenue, SE, Suite 204Washington, DC 20020